This July 1st Canada is celebrating 150 years of confederation and Niagara Falls, one of the country’s most visited and beloved destinations, is the perfect place to celebrate this special day. Here are some of the many amazing events you can look forward to attending this Canada Day and all throughout the summer in celebration of this national milestone:
- The city’s annual Canada Day Parade will be taking place on July 1st along Victoria Avenue to Queen Street, starting at 11am.
- Matthew Good, lead singer and songwriter for the popular Matthew Good Band, will be performing at Niagara’s Scotiabank Convention Centre on August 26th as part of the city’s Canada 150th celebrations.
- Free birthday cake will be given out at City Hall to celebrate Canada’s birthday on July 1st, beginning at noon while quantities last.
- Live music and entertainment will be happening all throughout the day and night on July 1st on the main stage at City Hall.
- A free raffle, caricatures, henna tattoos, and food vendors will be at the city’s Canada Day celebration in downtown Niagara Falls.
- Scotiabank Children’s Zone at Queen Street and Erie Avenue will feature sandcastle building demonstrations, free electronic animal rides, free inflatables, a rock climbing wall, reptile kingdom, family mini putt, and more.
- Fireworks and live entertainment in Queen Victoria Park will be happening on the night of July 1st, following the city’s full day of festivities.
There is no shortage of fun to be had in Niagara Falls this Canada Day, so start planning your getaway to the city this July 1st to experience Canada’s sesquicentennial at one of the country’s most unique and exciting celebrations.
Categories: Falls Avenue Resort