Niagara Falls is an exceptional destination. With thrilling attractions, iconic adventure, and scenic beauty.
Niagara Falls Illumination
Nightly Illumination of the Falls utilizing electricity first occurred in January 1879 and led the way for the Falls to be illuminated every night since. The illumination on Niagara Falls allows guests to enjoy the Falls at night all year long. A variety of colours are used to light up the Falls along with a white light. The illumination schedule changes depending on the time of year.
Explore Niagara’s most iconic attractions and outdoor experiences all year round with memorable thrills and nature that have been cherished by generations of visitors for more than 130 years. Adventure awaits as you can experience unique activities no matter the season under the umbrella of Niagara Parks.
- Whirlpool Aero Car – Witness panoramic views of the Niagara Whirlpool and whitewater rapids of the Niagara River as you soar through the air at 3,500 feet above the Niagara Gorge in an antique cable car.
- Zipline to the Falls – Fly at speeds of over 70 km/hr down a sliding zipline from the edge of the Niagara Gorge, down into the mist of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls with the beautiful view and refreshing mist of the Falls.
- Journey Behind the Falls – Explore 130 year old caves and tunnels as you descend through the bedrock behind the roaring falls. Through the thunderous tunnels leads you to a face-to-face visual of the 13-storey tall wonder.
- Butterfly Conservatory – One of the largest glass enclosed butterfly conservatories in North America with 2,000 dazzling coloured, free-flying butterflies with 180 metres of trails to discover.
- Whirlpool Adventure Course – A midair adventure course for adrenaline lovers, set up across the Niagara Gorge where you can discover new heights of the Niagara River in a fun thrilling experience.
- Niagara Fury – A multi-sensory experience inside a 360-degree theatre outlining the history of Niagara Falls’ formation with stunning visual and sound effects that will take you back in time to the last ice age.
Hornblower Niagara Cruises
A thrilling boat ride that takes you on a new level of experiencing Canada’s most stellar wonder of the world. The tour takes you face to face with the breathtaking rapids and refreshing mist that is Niagara Falls. Within the Niagara Great Gorge the tour takes you past the American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and into the center of the famous Horseshoe Falls. An unforgettable experience and thrill that will last a lifetime!
Whirlpool Jet Boats
An exciting high-speed ride that takes you up the river into the Niagara Gorge and it’s rapids to the edge of the whirlpool, a wild ride that you will never forget!
A first-class inspired Niagara Falls tour experience with a variety of tours to choose from, designed for any group and budget size depending on how you want to spend your time in Niagara Falls. Explore and sightsee the most desirable parts of Niagara Falls with the time to explore at your own leisure.
Greenspace and Parklands
Niagara is revered for lush and serene parklands. Whether they are expertly manicured and landscaped by the dedicated teams of Niagara Parks, or left as natural preserves, there are many options to explore with reach of the Falls Avenue Resort that add to the natural scenic beauty of Niagara Falls.
Nature & Parks
- Niagara Gorge/Glen – Naturally formed by erosion, this beautiful 11km long gorge has been carved by the Niagara River and offers stunning views, walks, and hikes along various trails surrounding the area with great history and natural beauty attached.
- White Water Walk – A serene boardwalk trail that features stellar views of the flowing raps of the Niagara River’s Class 6 with the opportunity to learn about the distinctive geological history of the Niagara Gorge.
- Queen Victoria Park – A valuable assortment of unique and international plants surrounded by stunningly maintained gardens. The garden is bounded with park benches and groomed lawns for relaxation and photo taking at your convenience.
- Dufferin Islands – Discover 10 acres of paradise where secluded islands are interconnected by wooden footbridges, making it a Niagara Falls tranquil escape.
- Paradise Grove – Located near Niagara on the Lake at the north end of the Niagara Parkway, you can find trails for walking and biking with views of oak saplings, wildflowers, and native grasses during your leisure activities.
- Botanical Gardens – Beautifully maintained gardens that offer visitors 99 acres of beautiful landscape containing rhododendrons, perennials, azaleas, herb and vegetable plantings, a formal parterre garden, and a rose garden containing over 2,400 stunning roses. A respected horticulture piece by all nature lovers.
- Oakes Garden Theatre – A perfected landscape of formalized gardens and shaded lily ponds featuring a curved pergola overlooking the central amphitheater, located in the heart of Niagara Falls with a stellar introduction to Queen Victoria Park at the foot of Clifton Hill.
- Floral Showhouse – A floral’s paradise that includes a display of orchids, suckles, and other tropical plant species just a short walk south from Niagara Falls, with floral shows that represent each season.