Niagara Falls is an exceptional destination. With thrilling attractions, iconic adventure, and scenic beauty available year-round.
Niagara Falls Illumination
Nightly Illumination of the Falls utilizing electricity first occurred in January 1879 and led the way for the Falls to be illuminated every night since. The illumination on Niagara Falls allows guests to enjoy the Falls at night all year long. A variety of colours are used to light up the Falls along with a white light. The illumination schedule changes depending on the time of year.
Winter Festival of Lights
A winter tradition in Niagara Falls that is not to be missed. The annual Winter Festival of Lights features more than 3 million LED lights, and spectacular displays which brighten the night. Ranked among the best festivals in North America, the festival lights an 8km stretch of the Niagara Parkway, with displays in Dufferin Islands and Queen Victoria Park from mid November through early January each year.
Explore Niagara’s most iconic attractions and outdoor experiences all year round with memorable thrills and nature that have been cherished by generations of visitors for more than 130 years. Adventure awaits as you can experience unique activities no matter the season under the umbrella of Niagara Parks.
Niagara City Cruises
A thrilling boat ride that takes you on a new level of experiencing Canada’s most stellar wonder of the world. The tour takes you face to face with the breathtaking rapids and refreshing mist that is Niagara Falls. Within the Niagara Great Gorge the tour takes you past the American Falls, Bridal Veil Falls and into the center of the famous Horseshoe Falls. An unforgettable experience and thrill that will last a lifetime!
Whirlpool Jet Boats
An exciting high-speed ride that takes you up the river into the Niagara Gorge and it’s rapids to the edge of the whirlpool, a wild ride that you will never forget!
A first-class inspired Niagara Falls tour experience with a variety of tours to choose from, designed for any group and budget size depending on how you want to spend your time in Niagara Falls. Explore and sightsee the most desirable parts of Niagara Falls with the time to explore at your own leisure.
Greenspace and Parklands
Niagara is revered for lush and serene parklands. Whether they are expertly manicured and landscaped by the dedicated teams of Niagara Parks, or left as natural preserves, there are many options to explore with reach of the Falls Avenue Resort that add to the natural scenic beauty of Niagara Falls.
Nature & Parks
- Niagara Gorge/Glen – Naturally formed by erosion, this beautiful 11km long gorge has been carved by the Niagara River and offers stunning views, walks, and hikes along various trails surrounding the area with great history and natural beauty attached.
- White Water Walk – A serene boardwalk trail that features stellar views of the flowing raps of the Niagara River’s Class 6 with the opportunity to learn about the distinctive geological history of the Niagara Gorge.
- Queen Victoria Park – A valuable assortment of unique and international plants surrounded by stunningly maintained gardens. The garden is bounded with park benches and groomed lawns for relaxation and photo taking at your convenience.
- Dufferin Islands – Discover 10 acres of paradise where secluded islands are interconnected by wooden footbridges, making it a Niagara Falls tranquil escape.
- Paradise Grove – Located near Niagara on the Lake at the north end of the Niagara Parkway, you can find trails for walking and biking with views of oak saplings, wildflowers, and native grasses during your leisure activities.
- Botanical Gardens – Beautifully maintained gardens that offer visitors 99 acres of beautiful landscape containing rhododendrons, perennials, azaleas, herb and vegetable plantings, a formal parterre garden, and a rose garden containing over 2,400 stunning roses. A respected horticulture piece by all nature lovers.
- Oakes Garden Theatre – A perfected landscape of formalized gardens and shaded lily ponds featuring a curved pergola overlooking the central amphitheater, located in the heart of Niagara Falls with a stellar introduction to Queen Victoria Park at the foot of Clifton Hill.
- Floral Showhouse – A floral’s paradise that includes a display of orchids, suckles, and other tropical plant species just a short walk south from Niagara Falls, with floral shows that represent each season.