The Wonder of the Niagara Falls Winter Festival of LightsOctober 15, 2018 3:15 pm
Winter is a spectacular time to plan a getaway to Niagara Falls as the city transforms into a winter wonderland during the annual Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights.
From November 3 to January 31, the parklands surrounding the beautiful Niagara Falls are illuminated in millions of lights and spectacular illumination displays placed along an 8km route. There’s also a number of events taking place as part of the festival including Deck the Falls, Cascades of Fire, and New Year’s Eve in Queen Victoria Park.
November 3, Queen Victoria Park
The Winter Festival of Lights will kick off with a celebration in Queen Victoria Park featuring:
- Live entertainment
- Lighting displays
- Free admission
- Fireworks over Niagara Falls
And after the ceremonies, make sure to check out the spectacular lights set up along the festival’s 8km illumination route.
November 3 – January 31, Various spots in Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls is transformed into a sparkling winter wonderland during the Winter Festival of Lights with amazing illumination displays set up all around the city. Here are some of the most beautiful areas to check out:
- Clifton Hill featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles light displays.
- Dufferin Islands featuring 3-D Canadian wildlife displays, Inukshuk displays, and an illuminated water fountain.
- Fallsview District featuring the Passage light tunnel, Prismatica art exhibit, and the Fallsview Sound & Light Show.
Cascades of Fire
November 9-11 & 16-18, Niagara Falls
This November, Niagara Falls will be hosting the 2018 Cascades of Fire International Fireworks Competition as part of the Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights. Teams from countries all over the world present 18-minute pyrotechnic shows synchronized to music, which are then reviewed by a panel of judges. Awards will be presented at the event’s closing ceremonies scheduled for Sunday November 18th.
Here’s everything you need to know about the event:
- Cascades of Fire takes place over two weekends (November 9-11 & November 16-18)
- Six international teams will be competing including China, Finland, Brazil, Vietnam, Italy, and Canada
- All shows start at 9pm.
- At the end of each show, a judging panel will rate the performance and awards will be presented by the Mayor of Niagara Falls at the closing ceremony on November 18th.
- Team Canada will be hosting the competition’s finale on November 18th.
- Shows can be viewed from along the Niagara Parkway, at Table Rock Welcome Centre, or from a beautiful Fallsview room at a Niagara Falls hotel.
The annual Niagara Falls Winter Festival of Lights is an exciting holiday tradition that also includes popular events like the New Year’s Eve celebration in Queen Victoria Park and the Deck the Falls holiday walking tour. Experience all of the wonder and magic of Niagara Falls in winter and start planning your getaway today!
Categories: Falls Avenue Resort