If you’re heading on a Niagara Falls trip with the kiddos in tow, you’re in luck. There are hundreds of family-friendly activities to choose from in Niagara Falls, making it one of the top destinations in the world for family fun.
Use this guide to plan a Niagara Falls vacation with family, from where to find the best view of Niagara Falls, to where the best hotels in Niagara Falls are when you’re taking a trip to Niagara Falls.
Check Out Family Friendly-Packages
The Spring Break Getaway package is available March 13 through April 19, 2020. It includes:
- Accommodations at one of the best hotels in Niagara Falls: Sheraton Fallsview Hotel, Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, Skyline Hotel & Waterpark or Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls Hotel
- Up to four waterpark passes at Fallsview Indoor Waterpark and early access for up to 2 hours before the park opens to the public on select dates
- Tickets to the Mega Magic Presents Mike D’Urzo Mind Kontrol show, for March 15-21
- Free lunch and dinner for kids at Perkins Family Restaurant and free dinner for kids at Fallsview Buffet
- Adventure City festivities, with four passes to Wild Safari Mini Putt, four passes to Adventure Heroes Laser Ride and four passes to Traffic Slam Bumper Cars
- Free child’s ticket with a purchase of a regular adult ticket at the 4D Motion Theatre
- A free gift at Hershey’s Chocolate World with a purchase of $25 or more
- A free gift at Rainforest Café with a purchase of $25 or more
- Buy 1, get 1 50% off on selected items at Great Canadian Gifts
The Spring Break Getaway package starts at just $149.95 a night.
There’s also the year-round Family Waterpark Getaway package. The package includes accommodations at Sheraton Fallsview Hotel, Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, Skyline Hotel & Waterpark or Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls Hotel. Plus, you get four waterpark passes that give your family access to the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark for not just one, but two days. You also get exclusive early access to the park on select dates.
At the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark, which you can visit with or without a package, your family can enjoy 16 waterslides, a giant wave pool, an outdoor sun deck, a splash park for little ones, an activity pool and so much more. The water park has indoor connections to the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel, the Skyline Hotel & Waterpark and the Crowne Plaza Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, so it’s easy to get there right from your room.
How to Experience Niagara Falls Waterfalls with Kids
When you travel to Niagara Falls, you’ll want to see the world-famous waterfalls up close. Your family can take a stroll along the Niagara Parkway to see the falls from a distance while walking or riding in a stroller. There are lots of food vendors along the way and a park where you can rest and relax enjoying nature.
Want the best view of Niagara Falls? Get out on the water. The Hornblower Niagara Cruises is a kid-friendly attraction where you can get out on a boat, wear a poncho and get sprayed by the rushing waters of the Niagara Falls waterfalls. It’s the best way to see Niagara Falls right within the action.
Know that during busy seasons, like summer, getting on the boat can take up to around an hour due to lines. Grab a snack or check out souvenir stands while your family is in line.
Clifton Hill is what kids’ dreams are made of. This family-focused entertainment district has every type of child’s activity you can think of, from active entertainment like mini-golf to kitschy museums. You can walk around the district for a whole day and still have plenty of things to do the next one.
Check out Clifton Hill attractions like:
- Niagara Skywheel, a giant ferris wheel that gives awe-inspiring views of Niagara Falls
- Niagara Speedway, a go-kart racing center
- The Upside-Down House, which is just what it sounds like – perfect for silly photo opportunities
- Dinosaur Adventure Golf, a mini-golf course with a cool dinosaur theme
- Movieland Wax Museum, featuring realistic re-creations of movie stars in wax
- Wizard’s Golf Mini Putt, an indoor glow-in-the-dark mini putt course
- Zombie Attack, a real-time 6D game
- Great Canadian Midway, an arcade with more than 300 games, including classics like skee-ball
- Ghost Blasters, a laser shooting game
- Wild West Coaster, a 6D roller coaster ride experience
- Strike Rock N’ Bowl, a bowling alley that also has billiard tables and arcade games
- Ripley’s Museum, a quirky museum willed with unique artifacts and interactive exhibits
There are also tons of food vendors and restaurants throughout Clifton Hill, so it’s easy to grab a bite and then head back to the excitement with your family.
Book a Niagara Falls Family Vacation
If your kids love nature, there’s also plenty to explore, like the Butterfly Conservatory and hiking spots throughout Niagara Falls. Talk with your concierge at a Falls Avenue Resort to get personalized recommendations based on what your family is into. There are always tons of options to create a memorable Niagara Falls family vacation.
Categories: Falls Avenue Resort